This league is growing every year & has been incredibly popular with 70 teams have entered in 2019-2020, compared with 58 for the 2018-2019 season. The league has been designed to be easy to take part in with a focus on enabling your team to enjoy playing matches against your local schools teams.
The leagues take at local 5 secondary school central venues with matches played one night per month in September, October, November and March. The winners of each of the 5 leagues will come together for a grand Manchester Primary Schools Girls Football Final in June.
Young Leaders from each of the host sites will officiate the matches. Our thanks go to the dedicated PE staff at each school venue for their time and expertise in preparing the leaders and managing the league nights.
Click on a venue to see the league table
All Manchester Schools are invited to take part in the 2020-2021 Year 5/6 Girls’ Football League’s. All venues have confirmed. We aim to start when government advice allows.
There are 6 venues to choose from for next year:-
Monday Venue: 28 Sept : 19 Oct : 16 Nov : 1 March
Manchester Communications Acadamy (MCA)
Tuesday Venue: 29 Sept : 20 Oct : 17 Nov : 2 March
Wednesday Venue: 30 Sept : 21 Oct : 17 Nov : 2 March
Co-Op Academy North
- The programme will operate in September, October, November and March from 4.00 – 5.30pm at all venues. The finals will be in June, (Futsal will be in operation in January and February for Year 4/5).
- You will be able to choose a venue and day to suit your requirements.
- Once a venue is full, schools will be allocated their 2nd/3rd choice; also, where venues do not have a full entry, schools will be moved to their 2nd 3rd choice.
- Squads will be a maximum of 10 players, with 6 playing at any one time
- The match officials will all be young leaders from the host venue
- Please Note: schools who enter will be expected to commit to all dates of the programme
If you would like to take part or require any further details, please contact Doug.Martin@whgs-academy.org
Our thanks to English Schools FA and the Manchester County for their support in developing and running the Y56 Girls Football League