Date(s) - 31/03/2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sportcity Indoor Track
Gate 13, Rowsley Street
STEP into SPORT training day
What is the event?
- Focus on the development of leadership skills in young people (including those with SEND), with an increased emphasis on further training and deployment opportunities in workforce specific roles
- Along with their personal development, the new skills will support the Young Leaders develop more opportunities for all pupils (including those with SEND) to engage in school sports activities (clubs) and competition within their school.
- There are four parts of the event, these are;
- Session 1 – Skills & Qualities of a Role Model/Leader
- Session 2 – Introduction to STEP
- Session 3 – Delivering engaging activity and competition
- Session 4 – Action Planning
- The workshops are designed to be interactive, learner centred and enables young people to share ideas, develop skills and knowledge and have some fun in a practical setting.
- The event will be co – delivered by Craig McCann (Athlete Mentors), alongside two Young Role Models.
|EVENT||Secondary Inclusion STEP into SPORT training day|
|Date||Tuesday 31st March|
|Time||10.00 – 2.00pm|
|Age Group||13-16 Year olds, max 10 students|
|Book here||complete the event registration form and email directly to|
|Further information||Link to resources|